The grueling task has been completed. As some of you may know, I have been playing the first Hot Air for the past few days as a means of preparing myself for Hot Air Jr. Surprisingly, the first 23 levels, holders of some of Nitrome's hardest levels, were not that bad. Some of the levels that I usually had a hard time with, such as levels 7, 10, 12, 13, 15, and 21 felt pretty easy this time around. Then I hit level 24. Although Hot Air may not be the hardest Nitrome game, I think everyone can agree that 24 is the all time hardest Nitrome level. Seriously, this level haunts me every time I play through the game, and this time is no exception. Anyway, I just completed the game (not level 25 yet) for the 3rd time. I still have to do level 25, my favorite level of the game.
If anyone is having trouble with level 24, here are some tips:
1. Patience, this above all else.
2. Take it slow, ESPECIALLY when going upwards.
3. Do NOT get excited towards the end of the level.
4. Zooming in helps you get a better look on how close you are to the spikes.
5. In those small passages, keep your balloon's head high, NOT the basket low. The reason for this is gravity. If the basket is low, it is VERY easy to get popped. If the head is high, then you have a little more wiggle room in regards to gravity.
Onwards to level 25!