BATTLE OF THE WEEK!
Here you can suggest battles, talk about who you voted, see the previous battle result, see the battles' queue, and more!
How it works
Battle of the Week is a competition where a number of Nitrome characters that have similarities in some way, "fight". The winner is determined by the Nitrome character who receives the most votes. Battles start and end on Sunday, each battle lasting 7 days.
Users can talk about who they voted for in the comments section of the Battle of the Week main page, and also suggest battles on this page or on the regular battle of the week page.
- • Vote!
Next battles in order
Last Battle's Result
Rules for Suggesting
• NOBODY decides which battle goes to the queue.
• Users can't edit the battle, only if they add the next battle in the queue, or with NOBODY's permission.
• Don't edit other user's messages, only if they're broken.
• The person that wants to suggest a battle but they suggested another one before have to wait until their other battle is being voted. Anyway, they can change their battle if NOBODY accepts the new one.
• NOTE: As of May 14th 2012, NOBODY has taken over Battle of the Week. This has been done so Santi can work on the Spanish Nitrome Wiki.
Add your suggestion below!
Dancing Bears vs. Sumo WrestlersEdit
- RE: Unregistered Users can't suggest. Also, they're alsmost the same character.
Maxwell Merlock vs. Baron BattenbergEdit
Lockehorn vs. Onekey Edit
Can I suggest now since the battle took place two weeks ago? I re-suggest these two because they're both Aztec-influenced game. It could be a battle of the Aztecs! =D01:12, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- RE: OK! I saw your suggestion by chance, sorry! Zapo comes back!! 19:58, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
Knuckleheads vs. Green vs. RibbitEdit
They all are characters fused together.
- Blue + Orange = Green
- Rabbit + Frog = Ribbit
- Green Head + Pink Head = Knuckleheads
Can I do this? My battle is almost over.
- Wow, it's good! Mixed characters battle! Zapo comes back!! 12:11, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
AC & JB vs Winged Cats vs TriclopiansEdit
Austin Carter & Justin Bennet (Nitrome Must Die) VS Angels (Twin Shot) VS Triclopians (Bullethead)
~Austin Carter and Justin Bennet Forever!~
They are the main characters in shooting games
- Yeah, it's good, but there are a lot of more Platforming Shooter Games. Check this out: List of Genres. Zapo comes back!! 15:54, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
I saw the list, but I liked my suggestion because the games are close to each other (due to the fact that Nitrome Must Die has a bullethead and Twin Shot weapon. Plus, it has enemies and allies from those games.)
Spartan Soldiers vs Castle Corp Company vs Boy Knight (Blast RPG) vs Knight (Tiny Castle) vs Knights (Knight Trap)Edit
- Sorry, unregistered contibutors can't suggest. Zapo comes back!! 12:38, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
Hot Air Balloon VS. Enemy 585 VS. Black Ball VS. Parrot VS. Rusty VS. Vikings VS. Red Feather Tribesman VS. Faceball VS. Blots VS. SleepwalkersEdit
What they do have in common? Cause they're the main characters or their games, but the player does not control them directly, the player must interact with other(s) object to move them around and make them reach their goals.
Hot Air Balloon needs the Cyan Fan, Enemy 585 needs Turner, Black Ball needs the lines , Parrot needs the steering pegs, Rusty needs all environment, Vikings needs the player to cut the ice for them, Tribesman needs all environment, Faceball needs Smash , the Blots needs the ink lines and Sleepwalkers needs sand.
What you guys think? I think it's too longs, but I needed a long time to think for this battle.14:09, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's way too long for my tastes. I was thinking it could be condensed into Enemy 585 vs. Onekey vs. Rusty, as these characters move on their own and, like you said, are indirectly controlled. 03:18, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Now, yes, that's good. Zapo comes back!! 15:35, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Bomba vs. Triclopians vs. Pirates vs. Trolls vs. Small fry Edit
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MEGA NITROME BATTLE OF THE HEROS/characters!!!!!!!!
In this corner: The Big Bomber....... The expert Explosioneer......IT"S BOMBA!!!
In the second corner: The triple eyed terrors......The Big blasters....IT"S THE TRICLOPIANS!!!
In the third: The super sailors...The deadly demolitionists......IT"S THE PIRATES!!!
In the fourth: The sacred stomachs.....The kings of eat...ITS THE TROLLS!!!!
And finally in the last corner (what? more than four?? This must be in the Hexigon Ring!!): The mini menaces........ The tiny team......IT"S THE SMALL FRY!!!
I think this would be a good battle to have. The last copetator would be the best golden-oldy (although they aren't that old!)
I hope you consider this round in the Hexigon Ring!
16:54, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, but, I didn't understand the battle. What do they have in common? Zapo comes back!! 14:27, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Sleepwalkers Vs. Blots Vs. Small FriesEdit
They're all lemmings-ish characters. I'm sorta thinking Small Fries could be removed.
JellyBeanDude 23:11, April 13, 2012 (UTC)JellyBeanDude
- Good! The two or the three? Zapo comes back!! 14:27, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Swindler and Silly Sausage both stretch, and are the only protagonists in their games! What do you think?
- All the characters are the only protagonists in their games! Anyway, OK! Zapo comes back!! 20:00, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Two-player arena Edit
Okay, I think I found a good one. How about this:
- The Cat angle things from Twin Shot
- The Spartans
They are similar because (sounds familiar...... Almost like Homework.) they use medieval weaponry and they are both from two-player games!
20:23, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
I think the battle between Dave Cowen and Lee Nicklen would be the best.Everyone wants to see what happens when two legendary Nitrome musicians clash.
They have a lot in common, they're enormous and the player must run away from them. Actually it was Axiy's idea, but how he haves another battle he said I could do it. Hope you like it!
19:08, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
How about The Miner from Canary, Justin Bennet, Gunbrick, and a Triclopian?
You can remove or add any if you'de like too.
18:27, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Sounds good! It goes on the list. -- 12:15, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Swindler vs Spider from DangleEdit
They are both characters that descend from a cord. This was that anonymous user's idea, because the server logged me off for some reason.. Winnermillion 21:16, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I've added it to the list. -- 21:30, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
- And what do these enemies have in common? -- 13:31, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
They are all huge and powerfull. 220.127.116.11 23:23, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Well, that is what I think. 18.104.22.168 23:25, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll use both your suggestions. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by NOBODY (talk • contribs)
I'm too lazy to check if this has already been taken , so here goes:
Astronaut vs. New born sun vs. Rockitty. All these are main characters from games that predominantly take place in like the visible open outer space. I can't think of anymore at the top of my head (had a list, but it disintegrated in my mind XD), so I guess I'll leave it at that. 05:56, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
Gunbrick vs. J-J-JumpEdit
non Sentient battle Edit
thinking over this weeks battle a bit, I noticed that the cross-hair (if that's what it's called) isn't really 'living'. I also noticed that the flyswatter wasn't living. and since Nose isn't living either, you can add him if you want. You can add anyone, just as long as they aren't living/sentient, no brain of their own.
23:39, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
Last battle, it was a tie between Austin Carter and Justin Bennet, but there can't be two victors in the Battle of the Week! (at least to me) so it's basically Austin vs Justin. Winnermillion (talk) 01:19, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
Battle Idea!!! Edit
Miner Canary vs. Princess Nectarine vs. Dr. Boshi vs. Skeleton (Numbskull)
What do they have in common? They're all dead!!
22.214.171.124 18:03, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Who is Cheese, and who is Sausage? -- 19:19, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Moon and Stretchy dog --Sabkv (talk) 07:13, October 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Please add spiders I've suggested! Sabkv (talk) 17:04, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry! Wen you had suggested it, I added them, but forgot to inform you. They've been added. -- 18:17, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I mean Spiders from J-j-jump and Pest control. Sabkv (talk) 18:47, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Whoops. It's added now. -- 21:26, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
Skeleton battle! (Skeleton (Tiny Castle) vs. Skeleton (Small Fry) vs. Skeleton (Numbskull) vs. Skeletons (Blast RPG) vs. Skeletons (Double Edged)Edit
As you can see, they are all skeletons! I think it fits the whole "Halloween" theme, although by the time this suggestion probably even gets to be on the list, Halloween will be over. Still, I think it's a good battle because it shows Nitrome's different takes on an average skeleton- there are so many varieties, yet they are all on just a simple collection of bones! :P Anyway, that's my suggestion. Hope it gets in! -- Ayernam (talk) 22:54, October 29, 2012 (UTC)
Talk Discussion for Battle of the WeekEdit
Hi Nitrome Wikians, I've been thinking whether we should move this page to Nitrome:Battle of the Week or Nitrome:Battle of the Week/Nominations. This is a talk page, and should be used for what it is for, discussions. This page is actually a peculiarity because the Top 10 list talk space is reserved for the boxed comments on Top 10 list:Battle of the Week. So, any input? SQhi•(talk)Diamond 18:21, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
I have no idea if this battle has been done before, but I hope it has.
Vanilla vs Strawberry vs Chocolate vs Sorbet vs Mint Choc-Chip vs Bubble Gum --00:13, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
03:25, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Chiseler VS. Giant wormEdit
Digging characters battle! Sabkv (talk) 17:50, January 14, 2013 (UTC) The giant worm is featured in SO many battles though. but I like the idea—The preceding SIGNED comment was added by Mithrandir (talk • contribs)
20:09, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Done! -- 13:30, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Brick characters battleEdit
- Done! --
12:12, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Finally. --126.96.36.199 10:51, May 6, 2013 (UTC)