Tower Fortress is a platforming game developed by Keybol and published by Nitrome. The game will be published on the App Store, as an Android app on Google Play, and as a PC game on Steam. The player plays as a character called Sara that has to ascend to the top of a tower. Tower Fortress will be Nitrome's next released game.
The player character Sara can walk on platforms and can perform the following actions: double jump, wall slide, wall jump, and a spin attack that can damage enemies. The tower consists of four environments encountered sequentially, each which consists of randomly selected level sections, along with the different mechanics of each environment. Upon reaching the end of each environment, the player can receive a positive enhancement from one of three upgrade capsules, but only if they have collected enough gems to create keys.
The game has four environments: Gatehouse, Library, Vault, and Chamber. Each environment has its own game mechanics.
- Library - This environment has horizontal screen wrapping, allowing the player to transport to the other side of the screen when going past the opposite end.
- Vault - This environment has a hazardous grinder platform that is constantly ascending from below.
- Chamber - This environment has limited lighting.
- Flamethrower - A limited range weapon that can pass through walls and illuminates the environment.
- Lasers - A long range weapons that deals immense damage but takes long to reload.
- T-Gun - Attacks enemies above the player.
- Bubble Gun - Shoots bubbles upwards.
- Machine Gun - Shoots rapid fire of bullets.
- Double Machine Gun - Shoots two rows rapid fire of bullets
- 3-way - Shoots three bullets in three ways.
- Shotgun - Shoots powerful blast which takes slightly long to reload.
- Classic - Default abilities.
- Light Weight - Low Gravity
- Iron Clad - 5 hit points, but less health drops
- Shiny - Single Shot Chests and Sparkle Effect Suit
- Medic Extra Health Drops but only three health points at start
- Ranger - More gun damage, but three health points from start.
- Solid - Hard Boots equipped at the start.
- Noob - Bosses health halved.
- 720 - Triple jump suit
- Esty - Combo won't break on first hit.
- Cash - Gem value doubled.
- Trigger Happy - Ammo doubled but lesser upgrades.
- Super Sonic - Spin Jump damage x5 but half max ammo
- Librarian - Game starts from Library Zone but with 3 Hit points.
- Comeback Kid - Revive upgrade equipped, but harder key unlock.
- Recoil - Laser is default but knockback is higher.
- Skid Mark - 6 hit points but slippy grip
- Chameleon - Any other unlocked armor can be used but they have default abilities.
- Re-Gen - Hit points restored in each level, but only three hit points at the start.
- MRS. T - T-gun is default, but enemies are twice stronger.
- Poison - Lots of health drops, but hit points drains every ten seconds.
- Grinder - Game starts from Vault, but enemies won't drop health.
- Mirror - 7 hit points, but reverse controls.
- Shotgun - Shotgun is default, but more enemies.
- Pro - Gem value X3 but only one health point.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Nitrome/status/857998098538344448
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Nitrome/status/909317813776666626
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Keybol Games: Tower Fortress, 30 Mar 17, retrieved 2 Oct 17.
- ↑ http://www.nitrome.com/comments/?hid=980319&pid=980319&t=2&id=1425
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFalZhj1rOk