The penguin is a small blue penguin with a orange feet and a white front body. It sits on top of a red toboggan.
|In the story for the game, the penguin on sled is trying to outrun an avalanche of snow so that it can get home to feed its babies.|
The player's object is reach the end of each level while trying to outrun an avalanche. The player controls the penguin with the arrow keys, using the right arrow to accelerate, the left arrow to brake, and the up arrow to jump. Holding down the up arrow while in the air will cause the penguin to rapidly flap its wings and gain a small boost of jump height.
The penguin can only die if it is overtaken by the avalanche, or if it falls down a ravine and off the screen. It can run into obstacles along the way, but these will only slow the penguin down and allow the avalanche to come closer.
Penguin on toboggan reappears as an enemy in Nitrome Must Die. It is not only fast, but the challenge level that it first appears on is very icy, slowing down the character's acceleration.
The penguin appears as a hazard in Roller Polar. Encountered with a startled expression trying to run away from the snowball, when rolled up only her legs are visible, and when avoided she is thrown backwards and groans.
The penguin is only found isolated and not in any clusters or consecutively with any other hazards.
This navigational box contains a spoiler. Click [show] to open the box.
|The penguin can be unlocked for three hundred doves. In game, when not collected she appears standing up shaking her lips and wings. When collected, she is seen from the side flapping her wings.|
|Penguin babies are the three babies of the penguin on a toboggan. They were later fed when the penguin on a toboggan came back from outrunning an avalanche.|
- Snowman skin - The penguin on toboggan appears going down hill
- Facebook advertisement - The penguin on sled appears in a Nitrome.com advertisement for Nitrome's Facebook page
- Twitter advertisement - The penguin appears sledding among other Nitrome birds
- Avalanche skin - The penguin appears sledding away from an avalanche.
- Staff occupations - The penguin is grabbed by a spider's legs in the "Web developers" section
- ↑ Comment by Frostyflytrap: Hey Nitrome I've been meaning to ask, is that penguin male or female?
Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome: Roller Polar - Out - Free on Mobile! → comment by Nitrome: I always took it as female., 5 Dec 14, retrieved 5 Dec 14.