| This game article has a missing or incomplete "Levels" section
Level sections are a vital part of all game articles. You can help Nitrome Wiki by editing the Levels section of this article!
|Test Subject Arena||⇦ Preceded by||Office Trap||Followed by ⇨||Rubble Trouble Tokyo|
Office Trap is a follow up to its predecessor, Knight Trap, released on July 5, 2011. It retains similar gameplay but a more modern plot, the goal being to help employees reach helicopters while avoiding triggered traps.
- Player 1
- Left and right arrow keys - Move
- Up arrow key - Jump (tap twice to double jump)
- Down arrow key - Duck
- Player 2
- A D letter keys - Move
- W letter key - Jump (tap twice to double jump)
- S letter key - Duck
The player has a set amount of employees who must make it up platforms to the top of the building to a helicopter. Traps are placed on all platforms, and will be activated when an employee steps on it.
The game starts off with an email shown to the player.
DEAR SIR/ MADAME,
WELCOME TO THE TRIAL PERIOD OF YOUR NEW JOB!
IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE WORKING HERE AT CORP INC, YOU MUST SURVIVE THE OFFICE OF DOOM!
ANY "LIVING" EMPLOYEES AT THE END OF THE WORK TRIAL PERIOD WILL RECEIVE A TEMPORARY WORK CONTRACT.
GODFREY NECTARINE IV
This level introduces the zombie trap. This level has two routes to take: a left side or a right side, although the halfway points of each route are connected.
- Zombie traps - Releases a zombie from toxic waste. Zombies will walk towards employees if it notices them and will kill employees on contact, turning them also into a zombie.
- Saw traps - When activated it moves in one quick motion, pauses, then moves again.
- Key trap - A harmless trap that when activated causes a key to appear. This key can when picked up unlocks locked floor.
- Fireball traps - Shoots one red or blue fireball that moves horizontally and kills the player on contact.
- Slime traps - Causes a slime to appear that jumps horizontally in small arcs. Kills the player on contact.
- 8-bit Traps - Causes a Nitrome Enjoyment System to appear that explodes, rendering everything on the platform in an 8-bit resolution. This makes it harder to see other traps.
- Waterfall traps - When activated, a waterfall appears covering a certain area. While the waterfall will not harm the employees, it prevents them from jumping.
- Toaster traps - When this trap activated, it shoots three pieces of toast straight north, north-east, and north-west.
- Cat traps - When activated, the cat appears and jumps around the area of its trap.
- Flower traps - Like cat traps, these flowers jumps around the area occupied by their trap.
- Laser traps - Lasers placed on a ceiling that fire lasers that bounce off the ground and ceiling of the corridor they are placed in.
- Flash traps - A machine will pop up, a machine which fires a large laser beam in ten seconds (which is really five seconds, because the timer on the machine takes a second to go through two seconds).
- Turner - A supporting character from Enemy 585, Turner will rotate, able to crush the player if they are caught under a platform of Turner.
- June 10th, 2011 - A video of the game was posted. Notably, all the level are levels from Knight Trap re-skinned with Office Trap graphics.
- June 14th, 2011 - The game's second trailer was released. This trailer showed several 8-bit traps.
- June 17th, 2011 - The game's third trailer was released. This trailer showed several scared workers and managers.
- June 28th, 2011 - The game's fourth trailer was released. This trailer showed several zombie traps.
- July 7th, 2011 - Nitrome announces that they are trying to fix several bugs in the game.
- July 11th, 2011 - Nitrome announces that the bugs in the game have been fixed.
- The level previews shown in the trailer seem to be exact replicas of levels from Knight Trap, only with a different theme. These are probably placeholders for the new levels.
- Velma and Daphne from Scooby Doo can be seen on the bottom floor of level 2. Other people resembling characters from Scooby Doo also appear throughout Office Trap.
- TV's from Super Treadmill appear sometimes in the background.
- Statues of Princess Nectarine can be seen in some levels.