The moon in Cheese Dreams 2
|Status||Alive, possibly trapped in a space ship|
|Game(s)||Cheese Dreams, Nitrome Must Die (boss), Cheese Dreams 2|
The moon is yellow, and made of cheese. It has freckles, white eyes, and small buckteeth. The moon is seen to sleep during the night, watching over the giant tree planet.
While he was sleeping one night, the moon was swallowed up by a giant mouse ship. Because of the low gravity in the ship, the moon bounced around.
The moon bounces while in the mouse ship. It can bounce rather high, and has the ability to bounce over space mice. The moon is heavy enough to push Switches down, and can only touch hazards or enemies three times before it falls apart and dies. Melted cheese will instantly kill it.
Moon is missing health content in the Infobox. You can help the Nitrome Wiki by adding missing info.This template may be removed once missing text has been added.
|Attacks||Firing green bullets and bullet waves|
|Game(s)||Nitrome Must Die|
The moon appears on floor twenty, alongside the Parasite as the second boss in Nitrome Must Die. The moon is very large, and at the start of the level becomes enslaved by the parasite, who drops down from the start of the stage. The parasite controls the moon, so the parasite is really the boss and the moon its slave. When the moon is enslaved green goo starts to drip from it's mouth and its eyes are green.
The moon fires green bullets out of its mouth, and will adjust itself so that its mouth is always facing the player. The Parasite has to be shot to damage the creature, which is difficult as the moon is quick to react to the player's movement. After the boss's health bar reaches certain point, it will after some time during the fight rotate around firing a wave of green bullets, looking crazy.
It will then settle down and go back to its usual routine of rotating to fire at the player. After its health reaches another point, it will sometimes move around when using its usual attack. After its health is depleted, it explodes.
| || || || |
The moon has made appearances in other Nitrome games, mostly cameos.
- Small Fry - The moon can be seen sometimes in the background of Small Fry. Really, all of Small Fry is mostly an entire cameo of Cheese Dreams, and can be considered an indirect sequel to Cheese Dreams. This is because Small Fry supposedly takes place on the planet below the moon in the introduction to the game.
- Cosmic Cannon - The moon will frequently be shot from the cannon the player controls.
- Chisel 2 - One level in Chisel 2 takes place on the moon, where two groups of bomb crabs move clockwise. The level is almost completely the same as level seven of Chisel.
- Retro skin - The moon appears in the sky
- Party skin - The moon appears sitting, with the astronaut on its head
- In Nitrome Must Die, when the moon does his special attack, if the player touches him and not the bullets, the player won't get injured.
- Sometimes when the player hits the parasite enough, the moon shakes and never shoots again. This is useful because the player can go up and kill the moon easily.