| This is an article about an upcoming game
The information on this article will be expanded and changed upon the game's release.
|Platforms||Apple App Store, Google Play|
Flat Pack is a platformer game that will be released for iOS on the Apple App Store, for Android on Google Play and the Amazon App Store, and as a browser game. The player plays as an orange-coloured character that has to reach a specified goal in each level while traversing the faces of 3D shapes. The game was first announced on February 17th, 2017.
Flat Pack is a 2D side-scrolling platformer where the player controls a character that navigates the 2D faces of 3D shapes. The objective in each level is to reach a specified goal The character has a propeller on their head, which can be used to propel themselves up. When passing the edge of a face, the player will seamlessly move into the adjacent face.
- February 17th, 2017 - Nitrome announced the development of the game and posted a video previewing its gameplay.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Game Developer's Blog - Nitrome:
Green Ninja Web build live! → comment chain by NOBODY and Nitrome: NOBODY: Plod was going to be released for mobile (iOS, Google Play, ...
Nitrome: Yes that's the plan for all games going forward that are made in house...'', 20 Sept 15, retrieved 20 Sept 15.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://twitter.com/RomainMacre/status/832655817685864449
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Pocket Gamer: Flat Pack sees Nitrome making the leap into the third dimension on iOS and Android, 17 Feb 17, retrieved 18 Feb 17.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Nitrome on Twitter: : Really excited to show you Flat Pack, a 2D game played around a 3D shape (currently in dev!) [video], 17 Feb 17, retrieved 18 Feb 17.
- ↑ Nitrome on Twitter: : Its still mid dev atm., 17 Feb 17, retrieved 20 Feb 17.
- ↑ Nitrome on Twitter:
: Pat MacLean: will your new game [Flat Pack] Be free?
Nitrome: Should be we think. We haven't got that far yet though., 17 Feb 17, retrieved 20 Feb 17.
- ↑ Nitrome on Twitter: : for those interested we have been toying with this idea for a loooooong time! 2011 in fact! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_uHn_V8_g, 17 Feb 17, retrieved 6 Mar 17.