A list of events related to Nitrome in 2012.
- January 9th - Nitrome reaches 100,000 likes on their Facebook page.
- January 13th - Canary, Rubble Trouble Moscow, Nitrome Must Die, Test Subject Blue and Steamlands are nominated for the JayisGames Best of 2011.
- January 19th - Lockehorn 2 player mode is released.
- January 20th - Nitrome announces new features for their website, including search bars and profiles.
- January 25th - The second Memory Lane post about Square Meal 2 is put on the blog.
- January 27th - Steamlands, Rubble Trouble Tokyo and Mega Mash make it into the Mochi finals.
- February 2nd - Rainbogeddon is released.
- February 7th - Canary is voted the Best Browser Action/Arcade Game of 2011 at the JayisGames Best of 2011.
- February 9th - Rainbogeddon is featured in Free Indie Rapid Fire.
- February 14th - Memory Lane post of early Twang development is put on the Nitrome blog.
- February 15th - A pixely preview image hinting Cave Chaos 2 is released.
- February 17th - Swindler preview image is publicised.
- February 21st - Swindler is released.
- February 22nd - Minor bugs fixed in Swindler.
- February 24th - Nitrome released a preview of Cave Chaos 2.
- March 8th - A preview image of a floating pear from Hot Air Jr is posted.
- March 9th - Nitrome releases Skywire VIP - Extended.
- March 13th - Skywire VIP - Extended is updated.
- March 14th - The previously previewed sprite is revealed to be an enemy from Hot Air Jr. Mega Mash also becomes a distributable game.
- March 16th - Demos are announced to be released on the Nitrome.com site.
- March 20th - Memory Lane post of Twin Shot is put on the Nitrome blog.
- March 22nd - A follow-up to Hot Air Jr is announced, with details of a new game engine for the upcoming sequel.
- March 28th - Dirk Valentine becomes distributable.
- March 30th - Nitrome's Facebook page changes its layout, the Cheese Dreams 2 demo is released.
- April 4th - Canary is released as a distributable game.
- April 13th - Cheese Dreams 2 demo is updated, Flash Cat becomes distributable.
- April 18th - Silly Sausage becomes distributable.
- April 19th - A preview of the Under-Dweller for Cave Chaos 2 is released.
- April 20th - Nitrome releases Gunbrick, created as an icon game experiment.
- April 25th - Swindler becomes distributable.
- April 26th - Major issues with Gunbrick's release are fixed.
- May 1st - Temple Glider is released as a distributable game.
- May 2nd - Hot Air Jr Demo is released.
- May 4th - More updates about the 2.1 site update are explained in the blog.
- May 9th - Final Ninja Zero becomes distributable.
- May 12th - Nitrome releases a Hot Air Jr. demo, their second demo.
- May 14th - A new blog section called Pixel Love is posted on the blog, featuring developer games outside of Nitrome. The first Pixel Love is Super Puzzle Platformer
- May 16th - Rubble Trouble Tokyo becomes a distributable game.
- May 17th - Cave Chaos 2 is released.
- May 23rd - Double Edged is released as a distributable game.
- May 30th - Test Subject Green becomes distributable.
- May 31st - Swindler is included as a Casual Connect game, Nitrome also introduces a "Questions" section, allowing Nitromians to ask questions through Facebook.
- June 6th - Fat Cat becomes distributable and major bugs are fixed in Small Fry.
- June 7th - Super Snot Put is released but promptly taken down due to unforeseen technical difficulties.
- June 13th - Super Snot Put is re-released.
- June 14th - Twin Shot is released as a distributable game.
- June 20th - Cave Chaos becomes distributable.
- June 27th - Steamlands Player Pack becomes a distributable game.
- June 28th - Hot Air Jr is released.
- July 4th - Super Treadmill becomes a distributable game.
- July 12th - The mystery iPhone game has been revealed to be Ice Breaker iOS. An "iPhone" link is also added to the website navigation.
- July 18th - Skywire 2 is now distributable.
- July 19th - J-J-Jump is released.
- August 8th - Side quests from Ice Breaker: A Viking Voyage are explained more in depth on the iOS website.
- August 10th - Skywire VIP Shuffle is released.
- August 15th - Chisel becomes a distributable game.
- August 24th - Level select options are added to all the icon games.
- September 3rd - Calamari, Nitrome's second Facebook game, is released.
- September 19th - Nitrome announces MochiCoins will be discontinued
- September 21st - The Ice Breaker iOS website reveals set pieces.
- September 25th - Nitrome Touchy is revealed
- September 26th - Turnament is released
- October 31st- Nitrome Touchy is released for iOS devices only. Also, a Nitrome Touchy skin is released.
- November 1st - The Flightless Demo becomes a distributable game.
- November 15th - Swindler 2 is revealed to be in development. A trailer was released.
- November 21st - Swindler 2 is released, the first Nitrome game ever to be compatible with Nitrome Touchy at launch. Also, Nitrome Touchy is released for Android.
- December 6th - Ice Beak is released and announced to be the first of the two winter Nitrome games of the season.
- December 18th - Bad Ice Cream 2 is announced to be the second of the two winter Nitrome games of the season and Nitrome Touchy compatible. The game is said to be coming to Nitrome "very soon".
- December 19th - Swindler is announced to be free with Nitrome Touchy.
- December 21st - Bad Ice Cream 2 is released. However, due to time constraints, the game is not made Nitrome Touchy compatible upon release.